30. Geary, B.*, B. Ballard, and M.C. Green. 2015. Movements and survival of juvenile reddish egrets on the Gulf coast. Endangered Species Research 28: 123-133.
29. Koczur, L.M.*, G.M. Kent, B. Geary*, B.M. Ballard, K.D. Meyer and M.C. Green. In Press. Measurements of adult and hatch-year Reddish Egrets (Egretta rufescens). Waterbirds
28. Munters, A.E.*, S.A. Heath and M.C. Green. 2015. Testing field sexing techniques for American Oystercatchers. Bulletin of the Texas Ornithological Society. 47: 1-5.
27. Troy, J. R.*, J.A. Veech, N.D. Holmes, A.F. Raine and M.C. Green. 2014. Habitat Suitability Modeling for the Newell’s Shearwater on Kauai. Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management 5: 315-329.
26. Koczur, L.M.*, A.E. Munters*, S.A. Heath, B.M. Ballard, M.C. Green, S.J. Dinsmore and F. Hernández. 2014. Reproductive Success of the American Oystercatcher (Haematopus palliatus) in Texas. Waterbirds 37: 371-380.
25. Holderby, Z.*, A. Hill, E. Palacios, M.C. Green, E. Amador, and C. De Dios. 2014. Comparisons of Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens) diet during the breeding season across its geographic range. Waterbirds 37: 136-143.
24. Holderby, Z.* and M.C. Green. 2013. Plumage dimorphism and nest site selection of Reddish Egrets (Egretta rufescens) in the Laguna Madre, Texas. Bulletin of the Texas Ornithological Society 46: 1-9.
23. Troy, J.R.*, N.D. Holmes, J.A. Veech, and M.C. Green. 2013. Using observed seabird fallout records to infer patterns of attraction to artificial light. Endangered Species Research 22: 225-234.
22. Holderby, Z.*, W. Simper*, B. Geary* and M. C. Green. 2012. Potential factors affecting nest initiation date, clutch size, and nest success in the plumage dimorphic Reddish Egret. Waterbirds 35: 437-442.
21. Hill, A. *, E. Palacios, and M.C. Green. 2012. Genetic diversity and population structure of North America’s rarest heron, the reddish egret (Egretta rufescens). Conservation Genetics 13: 535-543
20. King, C. M.*, T. R. Simpson, J. T. Baccus, and M. C. Green. 2011. Habitat use by great-tailed grackles (Quiscalus mexicanus) in urban and peri-urban habitats of San Marcos, Hays County, Texas. Bulletin of the Texas Ornithological Society. 44: 83-88.
19. Troy, J. R.*, N. D. Holmes, and M. C. Green. 2011. Modeling artificial light viewed by fledgling seabirds. Ecosphere 2: 1-13.
18. Hill, A.*, and M. C. Green. 2011. The relationship of foraging habitat availability and nest site selection for the Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens) in the Lower Florida Keys. Journal of Heron Biology and Conservation 1:6 [online]
17. Oomen, R.A.*, M.W. Reudink, J.J. Nocera, C.M. Somers, M.C. Green and C.J. Kyle. 2011. Mitochondrial evidence for panmixia despite perceived barriers to gene flow in a widely distributed waterbird. Journal of Heredity 102: 584-592.
16. Green, M.C., A. Hill*, Z. Holderby*, J. Troy*, and B. Geary*. 2011. Status of breeding Reddish Egrets on Great Inagua, Bahamas with comments on breeding territoriality and the effects of hurricanes. Waterbirds 34: 213-217.
15. Reudink, M. W.,C. J. Kyle, J. J. Nocera, R. A. Oomen*, M. C. Green and C. M. Somers. 2011. Panmixia on a continental scale in a widely-distributed waterbird. Biological Journal of the Linnaean Society 102: 583-592.
14. Hill, A.*, and M. C. Green. 2011. Characterization of 12 polymorphic microsatellites for the Reddish Egret, Egretta rufescens. Conservation Genetic Resources 3: 13-15.
13. Green, M.C., M.C. Luent, and P.L. Leberg. 2010. Evaluation of aerial sampling methods for the detection of waterbird colonies. Journal of Field Ornithology 81: 411-419
12. Holderby, Z.P.*, M.C. Green, and T.R. Simpson. 2009. The effects of body size and roost site on winter die-off of Cave Swallows. Bulletin of Texas Ornithological Society 42: 82-86.
11. Green, M.C., M.C. Luent, T.C. Michot, C.W. Jeske, and P.L. Leberg. 2008. Comparison and assessment of aerial and ground estimates of waterbird colonies. Journal of Wildlife Management 72: 697-706
10. Bates, E.M.*, A.M. Fedynich, B.M. Ballard, and M.C. Green. 2008. Survey of blood parasites from hatch-year Reddish Egrets along the lower Texas coast. Bulletin of Texas Ornithological Society. 41: 4-5.
9. Leberg, P.L., M.C. Green, B.A. Adams, K.M. Purcell, and M.C. Luent. 2007. Response of waterbird colonies to hurricanes: Loss of individual rookeries has little effect on regional breeding populations. Animal Conservation 10: 502-508.
8. Green, M.C., and P.L. Leberg. 2006. Sociality among foraging Ardeidae: does plumage coloration influence nearest-neighbor spacing? American Midland Naturalist 156: 344-352.
7. Green, M.C., J.L. Waits, M.L. Avery, M.E. Tobin, and P.L. Leberg. 2006. Microsatellite variation of double-crested cormorant breeding populations in eastern North America. Journal of Wildlife Management 70(2): 579-583.
6. Green, M.C. 2005. Plumage dimorphism in the reddish egret: does plumage coloration influence foraging habitat use and tactics? Waterbirds 28(4): 519-524.
5. Green, M.C., and P.L. Leberg. 2005. Influence of plumage colour on prey response: does habitat alter heron crypsis to prey? Animal Behaviour 70: 1203-1208.
4. Green, M.C., and P.L. Leberg. 2005. Flock formation and the role of plumage colouration in Ardeidae. Canadian Journal of Zoology 83: 683-693.
3. Leberg, P.L., M.R. Carloss, L.J. Dugas, K.L. Pilgrim, L.S. Mills, M.C. Green, and D. Scognomillo. 2004. Recent record of a cougar (Puma concolor) in Louisiana, with notes on diet, based on analysis of fecal materials. Southeastern Naturalist 3(4): 653-58.
2. Green, M.C., L.A. Harveson, and L.E. Loomis. 2001. Habitat selection by collared peccaries in Trans-Pecos, Texas. The Southwestern Naturalist 46: 246-251..
1. Guthery, F.S., M.C. Green, R.E. Masters, S.J. DeMaso, H.M. Wilson, and F.B. Steubing. 2001. Land cover and bobwhite abundance on Oklahoma farms and ranches. Journal of Wildlife Management 65: 838-849.